You may encounter the following error when generating an individual account statement from a customer profile in Z Office:
Crystal Report Windows Forms Viewer
Page Header plus Page Footer is too large for the page.
After pressing OK, the preview window is grey and the statement does not generate.
This error indicates that the computer is trying to generate the report on a non-A4 layout because the set printer does not print A4 size. The main culprits are when label or receipt printers are set as the Windows default printer.
The error can be resolved by re-assigning your Windows default printer to your A4/reports printer.
Assign A4 Printer as Default Printer
To assign your Windows Default Printer:
- Go to the Windows search bar and search for Control Panel:
- Under Hardware and Sound, select View Devices and Printers:
- Under Printers, you will see the list of printers linked to your workstation:
The printer marked with a green tick is the printer currently set as the default windows printer which is likely a non-A4 printing printer.
- After locating your A4 printer, right-click it and press Set as default printer:
- The green tick should now appear on your A4 printer to indicate that it is now the default printer:
- Go back to Z Office to generate the statement
You may need to clear the print queue on the previous default set printer as it may be overloaded with stuck A4 print jobs. For guidance on how to clear the print queue please refer to the Microsoft article Cancel Printing.