There are three ways to dispense paperless e-scripts:
- Scanning the token straight into the patient/drug field
- Adding the token to the store queue
- Dispensing the script through Active Script List
To view the full guide, please refer to the release notes.
Processing a paperless e-script
- Scan token QR Code into Patient Name field or select the script from the store queue.
- The electronic script details will populate on the LHS of dispense and an image of the electronic script will appear on the RHS.
The eScript Viewer window can be resized and moved around. The system will remember where you last placed the eScript Viewer (per workstation). e.g. If there is a dual-screen setup, you can place the eScript Viewer on the other screen and the system will remember.
As the eScript Viewer is blocking the patient history, use shortcut ALT+F12 or click the icon Rx icon to toggle the window on and off.
- If you need to add an annotation to the script, click on the icon . Add the annotation and click Save (ALT+S). If there are annotations on a repeat, the same icon will appear on the eScript Viewer.
The annotation is saved against the electronic script which gets saved in the PES. It does not save in the patient history.
- Check which SMS number or email will a repeat token be sent to. This can be found in the bottom-middle panel.
The number and email are defaulted to what the prescriber has input in their system. It can be overridden and you have the option to not send the token.
If enabled, the SMS/email for the repeat token will be sent at the time you input your initials to complete the dispensing. For more information, please refer to: Sending Repeat Tokens.
- Enter pharmacist initials to complete dispensing.
- Perform enhanced drug check when labeling the product by scanning the barcode on the dispense label. This will present the image of the electronic script for the pharmacist to perform final checks.