You can set up a scheduled task to automatically generate, save and/or email the Till Report from Z Office.
To set up the Till Report as a scheduled task:
- Go to Z Office > Tools > Scheduled Tasks > Create New
- The Add Scheduled Task window will appear. In the Task Type dropdown, select Till Reports:
- Once selected, you can customise the task options:
Description: Enter a task description/name (e.g. Till Report) and ensure that Task Enabled is ticked.
B. Start & End Time:
- Start Time is the date and time that the scheduled report will begin.
- End Time is the date and time you would like the task to stop running. i.e. if you only want to the scheduled report to run for a particular period of time.Note
Leave the End Date blank if you’d like the task to run indefinitely.
C. Frequency: This is the frequency of when you want the scheduled report to occur.
D. Recur Every: This is how often you'll want to run the scheduled report. e.g. Daily, Weekly, Monthly.
E. Delay up to: If the task fails, the inputted time in this field is the amount of time you would like to wait before retrying the task. You may leave this blank if you're not sure what to input.
F. Report Period: Select the time range you would like the report to run for. You can choose to select one of the previous periods (relative to the current period), otherwise you can chose to select specific days relative to the day the task is set to run.
G. Registers: Select the registers that you would like to generate the Till Report for.
I. Email Addresses: Input the email addresses you wish to email the report to. Separate each email address with a space. e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
J. Paths to save the report: You can choose to also save the scheduled report to a location on your computer or over the network. Press to add computer locations to save the report if need.
- Press to save the scheduled task.
- To test the task to confirm it works, highlight the newly created task and press Run Scheduled Task from the left panel:
- A Run Scheduled Task prompt will appear:
- Press Yes to Run the scheduled task report.
- Let the task run for around 10 - 20mins. To check that the task as run successfully, go to Z Office > Tools > Scheduled Tasks > Scheduled Task Events:
- Press to check Task Status to confirm it has Run successfully.
Examples On Setting Up Scheduled Till Reports
This will schedule a report to be sent each morning for the previous day's figures.
To set up a daily report, ensure that you have the Start Time set up to when you wish the scheduled task to run.
Frequency - Daily
Recur every - You can change this to a different number to have the scheduled report generate every X amount of days e.g. setting it to 1 will send the report every day.
There are a number of approaches to this:
- Running the report for the whole day: This ignores the times at which the tills were zeroed off and will report all transactions for the day.
- Running the report for the current period: This will run a report for all the transactions since you last tilled off. This is recommended for mid-day sales progress reporting.
- Running the report for the last complete period: This will report the total sales values for last period that has been completely tilled off. This is recommended to be scheduled at the end of the day after you know the till has been tilled off.
To set up a weekly report, ensure that you have the Start Time set up to when you wish the scheduled task to run.
Frequency - Weekly
Run On Days - You can specify which days the report to run on and send to. e.g. every Sunday etc.
Recur every - You can change this to a different number to have the scheduled report generate every X amount of weeks e.g. setting it to 2 will create a fortnightly report etc.
You will need to specify a 7 day time-frame using the start and end date settings. To do this, you can use the offset feature (this is relative to the day the report is scheduled to run):
Frequency - Monthly
Run On Days - You can specify which days the report to run on and send to. e.g. at the end of every month (Last)
Recur every - You can change this to a different number to have the scheduled report generate every X amount of months e.g. setting it to 3 will create a quarterly report
The easiest way to run a monthly report is to use the offset feature and minus 1 day from the start of the month.