The Refunds Given Report in Z Office shows refunds that have been given over a period of time.
To generate a Refunds Given Report:
- Go to Z Office > Reports > Manage Reports
- Search for 'refund' and select the Refunds Given report:
- The Report Parameters window will appear:
- Set the relevant time period and choose to whether to change the Sort By order:
By default, the report will sort the transactions from most recent to oldest. If you would like to reverse the order, untick Descending next to Sort By.
- Select the Report Design tab to customise the report columns under Select Columns if needed:
- Press to generate the report.
- An example of a Refunds Given Report is shown:
- Press to print or to export the report.
Why is my Refund Report Showing a higher than expected refund amount?
A higher refund amount may be due to one or both of the following reasons:
The Refund Given Report will show anything that is processed through the till as negative quantity. This means if you enter in an item with a negative quantity (e.g. to fix a price), it will show on the refunds report.
If you're finding items that were not processed specifically as refunds, they may be items that were processed incorrectly or the customer had a change of mind and the item was processed as a negative quantity.
The best way to separate transactions processed specifically as refunds and sales with negative quantity items, is to void the receipt when sales are put through incorrectly. Voided sales do not show on the refunds report and you can run separate reports on them.
As the system considered anything put through Z Register with a negative quantity as we refund, any adjustments to scripts dispensed will also appear as a refund (eg. Deleting scripts).
To help exclude these scripts from appearing in the report, change the Item Type to Normal Sale in the Report Design tab:
Then press to generate the Refunds Given Report for front of shop sales only.