The Patient Medication Chart shows a list of the patient's medications, giving a quick overview of when the medications were last dispensed, the amount of repeats left (including deferred repeats) and the last brand dispensed.
Generating the Patient Medication Chart
From Script History
- Go to Z Dispense and select a patient
- From the Script History panel, press button
From Z Dispense
- Go to Z Dispense > Tools > Patient Medication Chart
Using the Patient Medication Chart
- Date Filter - The date range that the Prescription Medication Chart will use (default 1 year)
- Filters - You can exclude Extemp, Blank and Discontinued lines on the Patient Medication Chart
- Refresh - If you change any of the filters, you will need to refresh the Patient Medication Chart
- Discontinued Medication - Discontinued medications will appear grey to indicate that the patient is no longer taking the medication
- * Includes Deferred Script(s) - The * (asterisk) indicates that the medications has deferred scripts(s) which are included in the Rpts Left total
- Script History - The bottom panel will list all the scripts dispensed for the medication
Flag a Medication as Discontinued
If a patient is no longer taking a medication, you can flag the medication as 'discontinued'.
- Select a medication in the Patient Medication Chart
- Right click and press 'Flag as Discontinued'
- Discontinued medications will appear grey in the Patient Medication Chart
There are several methods to generate reports for the Patient Medication Chart:
Patient Medication Chart Window
Generating the report through this method will allow you to have a set filter critieria (e.g. exclude discontinued lines, extemp etc) so that they also do not appear on the report.
To generate the report, press on the at the bottom of the Patient Medication Chart window.
This report allows for DATE filtering only and therefore will generate the Patient Medication Chart report of all products, regardless if they're discontinued, extemp or blank item etc.
- Go to Z Dispense > Reports > Patient Reports > Medication Chart
- The report parameters window should appear, allowing you to change the date selection (default 1 year)
- Press OK to generate the report