When patients are placed in Safety Net Family, you can enable a setting to copy the SN/CN number across the linked family members. This setting can also be disabled if you wish to have different SN/CN numbers across family members.
Once the below setting is activated, please ensure that the patients are in the same safety net family for the SN/CN number to copy across. For more information on adding patients to a safety net family, please refer to Linking Family Members.
To enable or disable the SN/CN number to copy across the linked family member:
- Go to Z Dispense > Workstation
- Go to the Dispensing tab:
- Scroll to the bottom of the tab and find the Automatically copy/update Family Members CN and SN Numbers setting:
- Tick this setting to enable SN/CN number to copy across the linked family members.
- If this is already ticked and you would like to disable this function, please untick the setting.
Disabling the above setting will stop all SN/CN numbers copying across families.
- Press to save the change.
This is a workstation setting so you will need to enable this across other dispensing terminals that you wish to have this function.
Issuing different SN/CN cards by Removing Patient from Family
If you would like to keep the setting to copy SN/CN numbers across family members but issue different SN/CN cards for a specific family, you can take the person out of the Safety Net family to give them a separate number.
To remove a patient from a Safety Net Family:
- Go to Z Dispense > Patient
- Search for the patient and double-click to open the Patient Profile.
- Go to the Safety Net Details tab:
- Under Family, press the red cross next to the Family Name to remove the patient from the Safety Net Family:
- Press to save the changes.