The NASH certificate is not only used for My Health Record (MyHR) but also required to connect to HI Services for HPIIs, patient IHIs and consequently Electronic Prescriptions and Active Script List. In this article we will go through how to install a new or renewed NASH certificate for your pharmacy.
Installing Your NASH Certificate
The NASH certificate that you have downloaded from PRODA will only need to be imported on the server computer. Once completed, a prompt will appear at other workstations to install NASH when starting up Z Dispense.
To install your NASH certificate on the server computer:
- Download your NASH certificate from PRODA onto your computer.
- Login to Z Dispense on your server computer. If you are unsure which computer is the server, please refer to our Help Portal article: How do I find my Server Computer.
- Go to Store > Store Configuration
- Go to the Health Services tab:
- Under the NASH Certificate heading:
A. Enter your pharmacy’s HPI-O number in the HPIO Number field.
B. Click Browse to browse for your NASH certificate (most likely called site.p12 or fac_sign.p12) for the Install NASH Cert (*.p12) field.
C. Input the PIC/password in the Password field.
- Press Import to import the certificate.
- Depending on the computer’s security permissions, the User Account Control pop up may appear:
- Select Yes to continue.
- Z Dispense will attempt to load in the certificate. Once the certificate has loaded successfully, a confirmation prompt will appear:
- Under the Responsible Officer, select the relevant pharmacist. This is generally recommended to be the owner or pharmacist in charge:
- Once you have installed your new NASH certificate, please contact Z Support as we'll need to update your eRX installation
Enabling or Disabling MyHR
If you would like to enable MyHR, under the My Health Record heading, tick Enable My Health Record:
If your pharmacy wants to disable MyHR and only connect to the HI Services for Electronic Prescriptions/Active Script List, please leave Enable My Health Record unticked. This will stop information sending to MyHR and disable access.
Press to save the changes.
If you have enabled MyHR, it should appear on the Status section in the top right with a green tick:
You’ll also need to enable permissions for the certificate:
- Open file explorer and paste C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA into the file explorer bar. Then press Enter on your keyboard:
- Right-click the MachineKeys folder and press Properties:
- Go to the Security tab and press Edit:
- In the Permissions window, press Add:
- Type in ‘Everyone’ and press OK to add:
- Highlight Everyone and tick Full control to assign Administrator permissions:
- Press Apply and OK to save the change.
Once you have installed the NASH certificate on the server, restart Z Dispense on all other workstations to complete the installation:
- When starting Z Dispense on other workstations, the system will prompt:
This prompt will appear on workstations where the NASH certificate is not installed and will continue to prompt on start up until the certificate is installed.
- Press Yes to continue with the installation process.
- Depending on the computer’s security permissions, the User Account Control pop up may appear. Again, press Yes to continue.
- Z Dispense will attempt to load the certificate and a confirmation prompt will appear once the install is successful:
NASH Certificate Expiry
If your NASH certificate expires, your pharmacy will not be able to access electronic prescriptions, Active Script List (HI Services) and/or My Health Record (if this is enabled).
An expiry prompt will appear on start up:
Due to this, it is important to ensure that your NASH certificate is kept up to date, even if you are not using MyHR.
For more information on how to renew your NASH certificate, please refer to our help portal article Check or Renew your NASH Certificate for My Health Record.