Problem Downloading New Update
When downloading a software update for a Z Program, the following error appears:
Z Office/Z Dispense/ Z Register could not be updated.
There was a problem downloading the new update files
This error commonly occurs due to program permissions on your computer and can generally be resolved by running the program(s) as administrator.
To run the Z program as administrator:
- Exit the Z Program.
- Find the Z program on your desktop.
- Right-click the Z Program that is failing to run the update and press Run as Administrator:
- This will open the Z program to run the update with administrator permissions.
Z Program Stuck on Old Software Version
If your Z Program(s) are still on the old software version and you have not received any prompts to download the software update, please restart Z Scheduler on the server computer and then run the Z Program as admin to process the update.
To restart Z Scheduler:
- Go to your server computer.
- On your server desktop, find the Z Scheduler Utility, identifiable by 2 grey cogs:
- Double-click to open the program:
- Press the Restart button to restart the service.
The program may temporarily freeze for a second as it attempts to stop and start up Z Scheduler.
- As the service restarts, the Status will indicate Starting:
- The Status will return to Running once the Scheduler has successfully restarted.
- Go back to the workstation and restart the program as administrator to try and update it.
- If the update prompt does not appear, please contact Z Support to investigate further.