Before you can create a new dispensary line, you will need to ensure that the stock line exists in Z Office. If the stock line has not been created, refer to Create A New Stock Line for a guide on this process.
- Go to Z Dispense > Drugs
- Tick Show All Products > Select the stock card and press Update
- Tick Is Dispensary Item in the top right to:
- Input a Name (Dispense) and the Schedule Code
- Set or Create a New Generic Category
These details correlate to the following information on the label:
Set or Create a New Generic Category
The Form, Strength and Quantity are governed by the Generic Category selected. Try and find a matching generic category or create a new generic category for the product.
- Start typing the relevant generic category into the field and press Enter on your keyboard to bring up the Generic Category Selection window:
- If you find a matching generic category, highlight it and press Update
- Check the details are relevant and apply any edits to the Name, Quantity, Volume/Amount or Pack size if possible.
- However, if these sections are greyed out, it means this is a System Generic Category which cannot be modified. You may need to create a new generic category if no other generic categories match your product.
Create a New Generic Category
- In the Generic Category field, type in a letter and hit Enter on you keyboard to bring up the Generic Category Selection.
- Double-click on Add New Generic Category
- The Add Generic Category Window will appear. Set the Name for the category.
You can also put a blank name for generic category by hitting the Space key on your keyboard.
- Set or create a new Form. If the Form selected is greyed out, it means this is a System Form and cannot be modified.
If there is no suitable Form available, you can create a new Form by selecting or double clicking Add New Form in the Form Selection window.
Fill out the necessary fields which refers to the following elements on the label:
- Set the Strength if needed or leave this blank.
Only input Strength if needed as you cannot clear it to blank and save it again after a number has previously been entered in this field.
- Set the Quantity, Volume/Amount or Pack size and tick Is Extemp if necessary
- Press Save to save the generic category and select it for the dispensary line.
Add the Dispensary Line
- After selecting the correct Generic Category, you can also set Special Pricing and Preferred Drug Rank in the following tabs:
- Once you are happy with the information, press to add the dispensary line.