When processing a split payment, the customer has the option to charge part of their sale to their account by using the Account Charge option.
To perform a split payment with an account charge:
- In Z Register, perform a sale and press to process the sale.
- The Select Payment window will appear:
- Select to show the split payment options.
The location and appearance of your Split Payment button may look different in your Payment Menu as the layout is unique to your specific Z Register design selected.
- In the Payment Details section, input the relevant amounts under Account Charge and other payment methods to split the payment:
- If you haven't previously selected a customer in the sale, the Search Customer window will appear after you input an amount in the Account Charge field:
- Search and press to select the relevant customer account.
- If the customer has more than one account in Z Office, it will prompt you to select the account to charge to:
The account charge in the split payment menu will not take into consideration any discounts set on the customer’s account.
- Select the relevant account and press the Tick button to proceed and finish the sale.