You have the option to apply surcharges to EFTPOS transactions placed through Z Register.
There are two main methods of applying surcharges to sales:
- Discount Structure - This method allows you to exclude claimable prescription items from applying surcharges due to imposed restrictions. However, this method will apply the surcharge applied individually across each item on the receipt.
- Payment Method - This method will apply the surcharge to the entire sale for specified payment methods. You will need to manually process claimable prescriptions separately if you do not wish for the surcharge to apply.
Adding a surcharge via Discount Structures (non-prescription only)
Creating the Discount Structure
To add a surcharge using Discount Structures:
- Go to Z Office > Other > Discount Structure > Create New Discount Structure.
- Select the type of sale conditions you would like the rule to apply (remember to tick 'Surcharge'):
- Click Add.
- Add rules for which stock the surcharge will apply to:
Above is an example of a setup found in store. You can use this as a guide to create your own set of rules for you store (details for each setting can be found below):
Allows you to specify which stock type the rule applies to e.g. prescriptions vs FOS stock.If you do not want to add a surcharge to claimable scripts, please ensure 'Prescription Only (Claimable PBS)' is not ticked.If you have chosen stock group for your stock type, you can specify the group here.Select the price filter you would like to use.e.g. select 'Sell price' if you would like to only apply the rule for items with a sell price greater than $10Set the range for the price filter.e.g. set Min Cost to $10 to only apply the rule to items above $10This allows you to set the different payment methods where the rule will apply.Set this to Markup $ or Markup % to apply a surcharge.Any percentage changes will use this selected value for calculations.We recommend you use 'Current Sell Price' to apply calculations correctly to promo items.This is the surcharge value in $ or %.
Applying the Discount Structure
To apply the discount structure to the store:
- Go to Z Office > Settings > Store settings > POS-General
- Under Global Discount and Surcharge Structures, add the discount structure you created.
- Press Save.
- Restart Z Register at the tills for settings to apply.
Adding a surcharge to a Payment Method
If you would like to apply different surcharges to different payment methods, you will need to create separate payment methods for each one.
To apply a surcharge to an existing payment method:
- Go to Z Office > POS > Manage Payment Methods
- Do a blank Search to bring up your existing payment methods
- Double click on the payment method you would like to apply a surcharge to:
- Enter the surcharge value into the surcharge field:
- Ensure that your payment method is not inactive:
- Press Save
- Restart the Z Register program at the tills to apply changes.