There are several steps to add an agency button to the register layout in Z Register. We've briefly covered the steps in our article Configuring Register Layout but these are more specific instructions.
Check What Register Layout the Store is Using
To add an agency button to your register layout, you will need to first ensure that you are editing or modifying the correct register layout.
To check what Register Layout you are using or to change which layout you are using:
- Go to Z Register > Settings
- The Login Required prompt should appear:
Log in with your Z Register ID and password.
- In the General Tab > Register, check the Register Layout field:
Adding the Button to the Register Layout
- Go to Z Office > POS > Manage Register Layouts
- Select the Register Layout you wish to update. You should be able to find the Register Layout that your store is using from above.
You can't update system default layouts which are indicated with a . You can however, use them as a starting point and save the Layout Name as something different.
- The Edit Register Layout should appear:
a. Layout Name - The name of the layout
b. Sales Menu Tab - The layout settings for the Sales Menu
c. Payment Menu Tab - The layout settings for the Payment Menu
d. Register Functions - The list of available register functions
e. Add Group - Add a new group/tab to the menu
f. Remove Group - Remove a group
g. Remove Function - Remove a function button from the layout
h. Group Settings - Modify the group settings - in particular the grid (amount of columns and rows)
i. Function Settings - Function settings
- To add a new button to Z Register, you will need to ensure that your Register Layout has space available to add the new button. Please refer to our article: Configuring Register Layout
- Once you have a spot for the new agency button, on the left panel under Register Functions, drag and drop the Agent Sale - Specific button:
You can change the Title, Background, Text Colour, Image and also add a Keyboard Shortcut for the function.
- Once happy with the layout, click on Save
- Restart Z Register (i.e. close and reopen the program) on all your Till/Register Computers for the layout to update.