The article will go through steps to create a dispensary label for blank labels (i.e. labels with no pharmacy details on the sticker).
Create a Dispensary Label Design
You will first need to create a dispensary label design that includes your pharmacy details in Z Office.
- Go to Z Office > Tools > Label Designer > Manage Labels
- Search for the label design that matches your blank labels or the label that you use in Z Dispense. If you are unsure what label design you currently use, please refer to Dispensary Labels to find your Script Label design.
- Highlight the label and select Copy to New from the left panel. This will duplicate the label so that the original design will still be retained for you to select again once you receive pharmacy labels.
- Input an identifying name of choice (e.g. Blank Label Temp)
- From the left column, under Label components, scroll to the bottom to locate the Custom Text Component:
- Drag and drop this onto the bottom of the label and enter the pharmacy details.
If you would like to add more pharmacy information on a new line, you can keep dragging and dropping this component onto the label as required:
You can adjust the component(s) position and size on the label by dragging and use the Component Settings panel on the right to further customise the component and font settings.
- Once you are happy with it, press to save the label design.
Set the Label
After creating the new label design in Z Office, select the label for use in Z Dispense:
You may need to restart Z Dispense for the new label to appear.
- Go to Z Dispense > Workstation
- In the Printing tab, select the label you just created under the Script Label section:
- Press to set the new dispensary label.
As the Z Dispense label settings are workstation settings, you will also need to set this on each workstation that uses blank labels.