For Each Script Dispensed
To enable barcode check scanning prompt to appear for each script that has been dispensed, go to Z Dispense > Workstation > Other
From Script History
- From the Script History panel, click to highlight the script you wish to check the barcode for
- Right click the script and select 'Check Barcode'. Alternatively, you can highlight the script and press 'B' on the keyboard
- The Drug Checking prompt should appear:
From the Dispense Screen
- To check all the scripts that haven't been barcode checked for each workstation, press 'F6' on the keyboard to bring up the Drug Checking prompt
You can press F6 from any part of the dispense screen to bring up the Barcode Checking prompt
Enhanced Scan Check
The enhanced scan check is another method to ensure that the script that has been dispensed matches the script label on the medication box.
- Scan the barcode that should be printed on the dispensary label to bring up the Enhanced Drug Check. The prompt should appear:
- Scan the prescription box.
If it matches, it'll prompt with a
If it doesn't match, it'll prompt with a
The incorrect drug that has been scanned will also be in red to highlight that it's incorrect or doesn't match.
Audible Alert during Barcode Check
There is now an option for an audible alert to sound when an incorrect barcode is scanned during the drug check (Drug Check F6 and Enhanced Drug check).
- Go to Z Dispense > Workstation > Dispensing
- Go to 'Select incorrect drug sound' and click Browse.
- This should take you directly to a Windows folder with the following file - ErrorSound.mp3. Click on the file and click Open.