Before dispensing a continued dispensing/supply, please ensure the patient and their medication meets the Continued Dispensing (CD) arrangement in accordance with your state's regulations. For more information about Continued Dispensing/Supply please refer to the PBS website: PBS Continued Dispensing Arrangements
In response to the flooding disaster in far North Queensland, the Continued Dispensing Arrangements – Emergency Measures have been implemented until the 1st of March 2024. These emergency measures will be available in Z Dispense on the 1st of January 2024.
The Continued Dispensing initiative does NOT cover:
Closing the Gap PBS Co-Payment Measure benefits
To Dispense a Continued Dispensing/Supply
- In the Barney Layout, change the Script Type to ‘C'. To dispense a Repat Continued Dispensing, change the Script Type to 'RC'.
- In the Rapidfire Layout, change the Supply Type to Cont. Dispensing by manually selecting this option or press 'C’ on the keyboard twice in the Rapidfire layout
- Drug search will now bring up approved items only.
Schedule 4D/8 medicines will appear regardless of state in the drug search. You must follow the relevant state or territory legislation in accordance with professional standards.
Some states and territories do not allow supply of Schedule 8 medicines under these special arrangements, please refer to the PSA summary of different states Continued dispensing rules for each state for further information. Other references include NSW, ACT, VIC, SA, NT.
- For authority scripts - input 11 for the authority number and leave the streamline blank.
For the emergency authority approval number A2022CD should be used.
- When hitting Enter on your keyboard to finish the script you may get the below warning:
The Pharmacist AHPRA number of the dispensing pharmacist is needed for Continued Dispensing/supply and will be recorded on the Repeat form printed after the script is dispensed.
- Once you finish the script, Z Dispense will print a label, repeat, Consumer Declaration and Prescriber Notification Form (if it is enabled).
- The claim stickers from the label will need to be attached to the Repeat and the Repeat will need to be signed by the patient.
- The Consumer Declaration and Prescriber Notification Form will also print if it is enabled in Workstation settings. If it doesn't print, follow the steps below to print the form.
Printing the Consumer Declaration and Prescriber Notification Form
If the Consumer Declaration and Prescriber Notification Form is not automatically printed, you can print it:
- In the Barney Layout, by pressing the Continued Disp button
- In the Rapidfire Layout, by right-clicking the continued dispensed script and select Print to bring up Printing Options.
Tick the Continued Dispense Form and press Print.
Set Automatic Printing of the Consumer Declaration and Prescriber Notification Form
The form can be enabled to always print in Z Dispense:
- Select Workstation settings from the top menu in Z Dispense
- Go to the Printing tab and scroll to the bottom of the page
- Tick Continued Dispensing Form
- Press Save to save changes
This is a workstation setting and therefore you will need to change the setting on all your workstations.