You can generate a report of all owing scripts in Z Dispense and email the file to the relevant doctors to request new scripts.
Generate the Owing Report
- Go to Z Dispense > Reports > Owing Scripts > Generate Owing Scripts Report:
- The Report Parameters Window will appear:
Select the relevant settings:
A. Start and End date refers to the timeframe the owing scripts were dispensed
B. Schedule code: Filters for owing scripts dispensed for specific scheduled items (eg. S4 scripts)
C. Group by patient, doctor or date
Ticking the box will allow you to group owed scripts on separate pages for each doctor/patient/date, depending on what you've chosen.
D. Other options to select:
> Include owing scripts, last repeats, scripts with no repeats
> Exclude directions and/or prices
> Use generic names instead of brand names
E. Select specific patients, doctors or nursing home facilities if required.
- Press to preview/print the report.
- In the preview window, you have the option to export the report to PDF if needed by pressing in the preview window:
If selected, an Export Report window will appear to prompt you to name the report, select the document type of choice (eg. PDF, Word etc) and save the report.
Email Owing Scripts Report to Doctor
You will need to ensure that you have your email set up in Z Office before you can send emails from Z Dispense. To set this up please refer to Email Settings.
Adding a Doctor's Email
Before you email reports, you must have the doctor's email entered in Z Dispense.
- Go to Z Dispense > Doctors
- Search and highlight the relevant doctor and press Update:
- The Update Doctor Window will appear. Select the Contact Details tab:
- Input the email in the Email field:
- Press to save the changes.
Generate and Send the Owing Report
- Go to Z Office > Reports > Owing Scripts > Generate Owings Script Report
- Set the dates and relevant parameters as explained above and press Email:
- The Email Doctor Owing Scripts window will appear and display the number of doctors to be emailed for owing scripts dispensed in the set timeframe.
- Expand the boxes by selecting the down arrows, to see the list of doctors to be emailed.
- Select the email template. To create your own template, refer to Create an Email Template.
- To preview the file, highlight the doctor and press Preview
From the Report Viewer window, you can Print or Export the file if needed. Once you are happy with this, press Close to close the preview window:
- In the Email Doctor Owing Scripts window, press to email the Owings Report.
Create an Email Template
If you would like to change the format of the email template, you can create a new template in Owing Script Email Templates.
- Go to Z Dispense > Reports > Owing Scripts > Owing Scripts Email Templates
- The Email Template Editor will appear:
- Press to add a new template
- Name the template and press OK:
- Type your email template in the box to the right. You can also add tags from the bottom left by highlighting the tag and pressing to move it into the template. Tags will automatically insert the receiving doctor's name and your pharmacy's name in the email.
- Press to save the template.