If HICAPS is enabled on your system, you will be able to add Patient Provider details into the system and start making claims while you dispense.
Setting Up Patients for HICAPS
In order to start claiming for your patients, you will need to first enter the patient provider and membership details into the system:
- Go to Z Dispense and search for a patient.
- Click on the pencil icon or use the keyboard shortcut F8 to open the Update Patient Details window.
- Go to the Clubs/Providers tab.
- Under the Providers section, click on icon to add a provider:
- The Select Provider prompt should appear. Select a provider then press OK:
- Add the patient’s MemberNo and/or Expiry:
- Press Save.
Claiming HICAPS Scripts
To claim for HICAPS scripts:
Select the HICAPS patient and start dispensing as per usual.
- To make a HICAPS claim, select the Claim link or use the keyboard shortcut ALT + M:
Claim link in the BARNEY Layout:
Claim Link in the RAPIDfire Layout:
- The HICAPS Item Claim Search window should appear:
From here, you can search and either receive a quote or select which drug you would like to make a HICAPS claim for.
To receive a quote for the potential HICAPS claim, highlight the drug and press the Quote button or use the keyboard shortcut ALT + Q:
- Once you have selected the drug you wish to make a claim for, the HICAPS link will update to reflect the patient’s provider and the item code selected:
- Finish dispensing the script as per usual.
- The claim will be sent off to HICAPS. If you have your Activity Log enabled, you will be able to see the claims being sent in the log as well.